Our 24-hour maintenance call center team is on standby to assist with emergencies and scheduling service requests. Visit the Current Resident section of our website to see what you are responsible for and what we take care of.
We will respond to service requests within 24 hours. Response time to your home is determined by the specific issue reported and may vary depending on unforeseen natural events. We take care of routine service requests from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Someone over the age of 18 must be home for work to be completed. And although we love them, please remember to keep your pets away from service areas. (Note that if a service technician or authorized vendor is dispatched to address an issue found to be a resident responsibility, it may result in a chargeback to your account of a $75 trip charge, plus $60 per additional hour or the amount of the vendor invoice.)
We will dispatch a technician or vendor immediately (weather and travel conditions permitting) for the following:
- Active flood
- Home not secure (external doors, locks, windows broken or not functioning)
- Other life or safety events
Other items for which FirstKey Homes will be responsible include:
- Burst or leaking pipes.
- Non-functioning septic system or well water system.
- Water heater.
- Sink faucets or water supply.
- Clogs of the main water lines from the home.
- Clogged toilet (If only one toilet is available in the home, may qualify for priority scheduling.)
- Any apparent discoloration (not paint or dirt stains) on walls or flooring larger than 3 feet in diameter.
Heating and Cooling (HVAC)
- The heating system is not functioning, causing the temperature to drop to 55 degrees Fahrenheit or below inside the home during cold weather (priority scheduling).
- The cooling system is not functioning, causing the temperature to rise above 82 degrees Fahrenheit inside the home when the daytime high temperature is over 90 degrees Fahrenheit (priority scheduling).
- FirstKey Homes will maintain all system functionality (besides items listed in resident responsibilities).
- Complete power failure within the home, causing blackout, or partial power failure affecting the cooling/heating system or refrigerator.
- No power for more than 12 hours, not related to municipal power outage.
- Electrical fixtures (besides items listed in resident responsibilities).
- Smoke, sparks or fire (Call 911 immediately before reporting the issue to us).
- Fallen trees that have damaged the house.
- Removal of tree limbs over 10 feet from the ground that are in contact with the house.
- Repair of existing fencing due to storm damage.
Wood-destroying pest, bed bug and vermin infestations (if resident-caused, may result in chargebacks).
- Pools will be maintained by FirstKey Homes. A pool maintenance subscription fee of $100/month will be charged in addition to rent.
- Winterization of pools during the winter months.
Roofs and Gutters
- Roof leaks, missing or damaged shingles due to storm damage.
- Gutter and downspout repair.
- Repair or replace exterior doors, windows and locks that are non-secure or non-functional (not as a result of vandalism or break-in).
- For any gas-related concerns, find the gas shut-off and turn to the off position, then call your gas company immediately.
- Any reported internal or external gas leaks (as indicated by smell) on the property, damaged gas appliances, or leaking gas pipe lines.
- Non-operational appliances including: stove, oven, dishwasher, disposal, refrigerator, built-in microwave.
- Serious storm or ﬁre causing damage to the structure.
- Deck damage causing swaying or potential collapse.
- Visible sub-floor damage that could cause a flooring collapse.
- Foundation leak causing flooding.